Read my blog at Huffington Post

I also blog at Huffington Post's new UK site; please click here to read my posts there.

Friday, 20 April 2012

Video: Brian Paddick at London Jewish Forum

video video video

London Lib Dem mayoral candidate Brian Paddick today spoke and took questions at a breakfast organised by the London Jewish Forum (LJF), in the latest of the LJF's public meetings with the candidates. I was there wearing my Liberal Democrat hat, and also had with me the hat that I wear as a member of the LJF's steering group. I decided to don yet a third hat, that of a citizen journalist, nay citizen cameraman, as it occurred to me that my blackberry telephone not only receives telephone calls and emails, but also has on it a video camera. I took the attached (short) videos, which are actually very interesting, as Brian gave a highly impressive performance. Well, I would say that, wouldn't I - except, I wouldn't, if I didn't think it was true. I'd say something else instead, or not blog this at all. Have a look at the videos and you'll get an insight into what Brian thinks about some issues that are of interest not only to Jewish Londoners, but also to other Londoners as well, including Muslims in particular - some of you might be surprised by the sorts of things that are discussed at a meeting such as this. By the way, the man on Brian's right in these videos is Vivian Wineman (president of the Board of Deputies of British Jews); the man on his left is Adrian Cohen (chairman of the LJF). Also there in the audience were the Lib Dem London Assembly candidates for Barnet & Camden (Chris Richards) and Brent and Harrow (Charlotte Henry). Apologies for the variable sound and picture quality of these videos, and for the occasional noises off (coughing and laughter) from the cameraman.

No comments:

Post a Comment